Here is the first beta release version of GrandVJ 1.6 for you to play with.
The main new feature is Syphon support on Mac. For the rest, we’ve greatly improved the overall stability of the application and crushed a few bugs that made it to the 1.5 release (Read more for details and download links).
Syphon is an open source Mac OS X technology that allows applications to share frames – full frame rate video or stills – with one another in realtime. Until now, Syphon could already be used in GrandVJ through Quartz Composer, the graphical modular language of Apple.
Syphon is now natively supported by GrandVJ, where it acts as an additional (virtual) output. Through Syphon, you can send the output from GrandVJ to any other application that support Syphon as input, which makes it possible to use GrandVJ as video mixer module in some more complex setups!
As usual, we tried to make it as easy as possible: the Syphon output is automatically activated when a Syphon client is running, there is nothing to configure in GrandVJ.
If you want to use Syphon as input, you can still use Quartz Composer, please refer to the official Syphon website for more information.
Less fun, but not less important, is the stability improvement of the application on both Mac OS and Windows. We’ve notably fixed problems related to some particular video file formats and issues occurring when activating full screen.
This version is another free upgrade for all GrandVJ users, we hope you will enjoy the new possibilities offered by Syphon!
You can download GrandVJ 1.6 from the download page on our web site.
Changelogs (1.5 ? 1.6 beta 1):
- added Syphon output [Mac]
- added the ability to browse using arrow keys
- fixed a potential crash when loading files that are played by QuickTime
- fixed a audio/video synchronisation problem in FFMpeg player
- fixed a problem when using a third party audio device [Mac]
- fixed PCM audio playbackfixed a crash when triggering effects
- fixed a crash when switching fullscreen off
- fixed a crash when previewing a transition
- fixed bank rename save