The ArKaos Video Mapper is an extension for GrandVJ XT which allows easy mapping of video onto irregularly shaped surfaces and through multiple outputs.
Designed to let you setup mapping projects in very short times, it makes it incredibly simple to flow visuals around complex objects with just a few clicks.
Once you launch the extension, GrandVJ XT will send the output from each layer to virtual “surfaces” that can be scaled, deformed, and assigned to any physical output. One output can display a full screen visual or a composition of several mapped visuals; output to a video projector and you can map the surfaces to any physical volume (like objects or building).
The mapping editor is where you edit and manage the surfaces and any connected output.
It is a very easy tool which integrates tightly with GrandVJ XT: it will show your layer from GrandVJ XT playing on the surface you have defined and it will also immediately send any surface you create to GrandVJ XT, ready to be used for display!
- Fast and intuitive user interface
- Full management of display specifications (resolution / frequency)
- Supports output to multiple video cards
- Easy to use deformable surfaces (rectangles / grids, triangles)
- Each surface can have an optional mask
- Surface cropping, allows to select a part of the layer output
- Surface grouping, to send one layer to many surfaces
- Full undo / redo implementation
- Import and export your mapping
- Works with GrandVJ XT
- Works on Mac and PC